Hi. I’m Mike.
Welcome to Intrepid Law.
If you’re reading this, you’re either thinking about hiring me as your lawyer, you’re counsel on the other side of a file, or you’re really, really, really, really bored. Either way, you’re here to learn more about who I am, what I do, and how I do it. So here goes.
I advise socially, environmentally, and ethically responsible small businesses. That means that I work with people who view their business as more than just a machine that spits out money, and use it as a vehicle to make a better world. People who create vocations for themselves and others. People who look to minimize their business’ footprint on the environment, and maximize its social benefits. People who dream big, but aren’t afraid to start small.
You know that old saying, that the people who say it can’t be done are often interrupted by the people actually doing it? I’m looking for the people who are out there doing it.
In short, I advise socially, ethically, and environmentally responsible small businesses.
- Buying, selling, or re-structuring a company
- Incorporation, partnership, and shareholder agreements
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing contracts
- Hiring, firing, and employment policies
- Reviewing and negotiating terms of financing
- Starting and running non-profits and charities
- Business succession planning
- Regulation, with a specialty in alcohol production
I have a broad network of small business specialists who can add value to your business in tax, accounting, HR, finance, trademarks, patents, litigation, contact management, graphic and web design, marketing, bookkeeping, and social media.